Garage door remotes are a convenient and great tool to use if you live with other people or have the frequent guest. They allow you to open your garage door from a distance without needing to give out your pin to guest and neighbors. Allan Overhead Garage Door Co. is here to serve all your garage door needs including remotes.
Garage Door Remotes OptionsYou may be wondering how complex could the purchase a garage door remote really be? The truth is, garage door remotes have come a long way in 70, 50, and even the last 20 years. Technology is advancing by the minute and garage door technology is no exception. Here are some of the options you have when searching for a garage door remote:
- Homelink Garage Door Remote
- MyQ Technology
- Ability to Connect Your Remote to Your WiFi
- Turn on Safety Lights in Conjunction With The Garage Door
- Smart Panels That Display Garage Temperature
- Remotes That Connect To Your Key Chain
- The Ability To Lock Our Radio Controls For a Period of Time ie. while on vacation or business trips
Choosing The Right Remote For Your HomeChoosing a garage door remote is not a one size fits all decision. The right remote for you is that remote that fits your particular lifestyle. If the bells and whistles just make life harder and you live alone a simple remote with a few buttons will probably be your number one choice. If you have teenage kids coming home from school every day to an empty home you may want to consider a keypad outside the garage door for their convenience. If you like all the bells and whistles there are options for you as well. Some of the new technology allows you to be able to use your garage door with your phone or from anywhere you have internet access. For those of you looking for more out of your remote consider these:
- Homelink: A remote option that uses your vehicle as its hub. It allows you to control access to your garage door, appliances, electric gate, home lighting, and home security all on the same system. Working with all radio frequency devices it allows you to connect a good part of your home to your vehicle. The Homelink system will even alert you if you have left your garage door open. There is no subscription for Homelink but you do need to have a vehicle that is Homelink capable.
- MyQ Technology: Offered by Liftmaster, this state of the art technology allows you to control your garage door from virtually anywhere. This remote does require a MyQ connected opener along with a subscription fee for the app. The features are endless and it is an amazing tool for busy families or even a busy single professional. With MyQ Technology you will receive alerts whenever the garage door is opened or closed, it will let you when the kids get home from school, alert you when you need to feed your dog, close your garage door when you forget, and even let in your out of town holiday guest.