Allen Overhead Garage Door Repair Service Co is ready to help you with all your garage door needs. If you are having a garage door malfunction you are will want a team of professionals to help you. We have a great team of trained technicians to help you.
What Is The Purpose Of A Garage Door Drum Replacement?Over time wear and tear will happen to your garage door. After a period of time, no matter how large or small the parts they will become worn out and break. If you have a damaged or broken drum it will no longer allow the cable to wind around the drum. If this happens the door will not open or close right. If you find that you are having issues, call us! We will send one of our certified technicians out to help you right away. Here are a few reasons you might need to call us:
- Parts Need Lubrication - Lubrication is a MUST when it comes to moving parts. With our general maintenance check, we will lubricate those moving parts for you.
- Cables Are Off The Drum - Your garage door drums can be damaged if the cable comes off the drum for any reason. If this happens one of our techs will come out and check to see if your drum needs replacing because of the damage.
- Are Your Drums Rusted - If your garage door drum is not lubricated properly and there is moisture in your overhead parts, it can become rusted. This can also cause the parts to break.
The Different Types Of DrumsYour garage door opens and closes because the drum is used to reel up and down the cables. There are three common types:
- Vertical-Lift Drums - Your vertical-lift drum allows your door to open and close by having cables wrap around the drum and come close to the garage door shaft.
- High-Lift Drums - The high-lift drum is much like the standard lift drum in that is it flat. It also as a raised part like the vertical-lift.
- Standard-Lift Drums - Your standard-lift drum is usually flat and looks like to the brake drums on a vehicle.